Translate

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Creativity and an article in the local paper


My working desk is in a real muddle, feel there ought to be a sign on my door.. " Danger -- artist at work" .Here is photo of the "day" work - in progress... all colour and mess.


As a comparison here is the "night" work... I can sit and do it in front of the TV, if I want to, that is. Its all neat and tidy stuff- and compact.

I missed out on doing my own work last night, reason being, I had 2 meetings to attend. One about the future of the Arts organisations in our area, and the other was the local Embroiderers Guild meeting. We had a good talk by a local spinner, weaver and braider. Really enjoyed the evening.



I was also given a copy of the local paper, last Friday they had published an article about the new group I have been setting up (link here) I had an interview last Wednesday. Michelle the reporter has written a lovely piece. Many thanks Michelle. Normally I would give you an online link to the paper.... unfortunately I do not think there is one. So I have carefully photographed the article. if you click on the photo it will enlarge for you, and hopefully you will be able to read her work.
Thank goodness she did not come round here with a camera.... the mess my studio is in!! Well Michelle, I have found my creativity... but where the heck did I put my scissors!!

4 comments:

Dorothy Gibbs said...

Ther article looks very good Maggie. My best wishes on a successful launch of the new group. I just wish you were nearer!

verobirdie said...

Congratulations for the article Maggie! And thanks for sharing your visit to K&S.

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Press is always wonderful. Congratulations

Susan
Oh, wait a minute...I think I see them...the scissors! They're in the photo under the wonderful pile of color...beside the sign reading "Artist at Work". If you make up a bunch, I'll stand in line for one of those signs too!

Unknown said...

Great article Maggie :)f