Translate

Friday, September 14, 2007

PV for Abingdon Exhibition

With an invitation to a private view clutched in my hand, I was not to be disappointed. The exhibition of "Still Life in Stitches"is well worth a visit, if you are in the area of Abingdon. It is taking place in Abingdon County Museum, which in itself is quite a unique museum. Right in the centre of the road, it is a lovely space, and if you take any car enthusiasts with you, the top floor of the Museum features the MG car factory, which as you know was in Abingdon.

It was pleasant going back to Abingdon, my eldest son was born at the Marcham Road hospital, which was right next door to the MG factory. Now I notice it is the site of the famous American burger house. M.

At the time of his birth, Abingdon was also in Berkshire, it is now in Oxfordshire. So it was memory lane time. It is a very picturesque town. My grandfather was born and bred in Abingdon, his parents too, and many of the family still live there as far as I know.



However as always I digress. The exhibition was very well presented and the Museum is a good venue. Some very interesting work. It was also pleasing to see the museum has placed some of their own, textiles on show, including fine silk knitted gloves, a bead encrusted bodice... as well as a piece by Michael Brennand - Wood. An early piece from 1992.
For details of the Exhibition-Still Life in Stitches- click here:

They also have a very interesting session next Tuesday, and they have given me permission to post the flyer here on my blog... Thank you. I hope I can make it. Sounds fascinating.

Tomorrow I am off to Birmingham to the Knitting and Stitching show taking place. I am travelling to the venue with our local coach company, so hopefully should not get quite so tired, as I do with all the driving and walking around the show. More information here. Feeling very excited about it.
So much to look forward to.

No comments: